Re: x=2;Composition[f,FindMinimum][x+1,{x,a}]

The crash confused matters for me. Thank you for clearing that up. Now
that the source is known, perhaps someone could crack the "original"
question I am trying to solve:

x=2;{Composition[Hold][x+1,{x,a}],Composition[Hold,Hold][x+1,{x,a}]}

produces

{Hold[x+1,{x,a}],Hold[Hold[3,{2,a}]]}

Why is it that in Composition[Hold], Composition does not effectively
block the HoldAll attribute of Hold? The same thing happens with
Identity.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/