find area bounded by three linear functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg68357] find area bounded by three linear functions
- From: "T Harris" <tdh1967 at bellsouth.net>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 05:24:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I get Mathematica to find the area of the region bounded by all
three of the following linear functions? I have tried searching and can't
find it. What do I search for to find the commands to accomplish this? I
calculated by hand and come up with about 3.1623 sq. units for area above
the x-axis and 8.8378 sq. units below it. The total area for the scalene
triangle formed is 12 square units by my calculations using Heron's formula.
X=3Y; X+Y=0; 7X + 3Y =24
Prev by Date:
Strange problem with "for" and "while"
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Strange problem with "for" and "while"
Next by thread:
Re: find area bounded by three linear functions