Re: MeanTest Function not Working

Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've loaded the HypothesisTests package.  The MeanDifferenceTest
> function works fine, but not the MeanTest.  Mathematica doesn't seem
> to recognize it, and simply returns the name of the function and the
> data series as MeanTest[{... numbers ...}].  Is the MeanTest an
> obsolete function or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Gregory

Hi Gregory,

At least in Mathematica version 5.2, the built-in function MeanTest
requires TWO parameters, that is the data and the mean. Your "example"
exhibits only a list of numbers. From the online help

"MeanTest[list, mu0, options] returns a probability estimate (p-value)
and other hypothesis test information for the relationship between the
hypothesized population mean mu0 and Mean[list]."

Regards,
Jean-Marc