RE: Converting Mathematics slides into PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68449] RE: [mg68424] Converting Mathematics slides into PDF
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 03:46:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Bharat,

> I read some of the posts on this topic, but I don't think
> they address the problem I am having.
>
> Is there a way to generate PDF file of Mathematica slides
> such that what shows on the screen occupies one page or less
> in the PDF file. For example, I have graphs which do not even
> fill the screen completely, but do not fit in the page when I
> make the PDF file (that is, only a part shows up on the page
> and other part is cut out). Similarly, some of the text that
> fits in half the screen fills up multiple pages in the PDF file.

I would approach this using the "Printout" environment rather than
"SlideShow".

>From what I have seen of slide shows, it is very easy to have shows
consisting of slides with different page lengths.  For what you want, this
would render some slides readable and others with very small text.

With the Printout environment, you can set page breaks so that each slide is
readable.  You can then print your notebook to a PDF.

Regards,

Dave.