Complexity of quantifier elimination

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68714] Complexity of quantifier elimination
  • From: "Bonny Banerjee" <banerjee at>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 04:18:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I would like to know the computational complexity of the algorithm used by
Mathematica for eliminating quantifiers from polynomials, preferably in the
domain of Reals. It would be very helpful if someone could let me know about
it or point me towards some relevant literature from where I can figure it

I assume Mathematica exploits the algorithms with the best complexity. If
not, any reference to the algorithm with the best complexity will be