Complexity of quantifier elimination

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68714] Complexity of quantifier elimination
  • From: "Bonny Banerjee" <banerjee at cse.ohio-state.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 04:18:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to know the computational complexity of the algorithm used by
Mathematica for eliminating quantifiers from polynomials, preferably in the
domain of Reals. It would be very helpful if someone could let me know about
it or point me towards some relevant literature from where I can figure it
out.

I assume Mathematica exploits the algorithms with the best complexity. If
not, any reference to the algorithm with the best complexity will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bonny.