Re: product formula in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68753] Re: product formula in mathematica
  • From: "Norbert Marxer" <marxer at>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:11:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The iterator (i.e. the second argument of Product) has to be a standard
iterator. Therefore your input will not work.

But you can write your own product function, which does what you want.
If you define

   myProduct[f_, arr_] := Apply[Times, Thread[f[arr]]]

   myProduct[Sin, {1, 3, 4, 9, 12}]

will give

   Sin[1] Sin[3] Sin[4] Sin[9] Sin[12]

Best Regards