Re: programming books / tutorials

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68903] Re: [mg68848] programming books / tutorials
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:20:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi, corrallia81,

   The book I usually reach for first is "Mathematica Navigator", by
Heikki Ruskeepää. I have the older (first) edition, which is fabulous,
but there's a (well-reviewed, as far as I know) later edition out in the
last couple of years. Ted Ersek also has some fabulous tips here: .

   Hope that helps!

corrallia81 at wrote:
> Hello,
> Can anyone suggest me some good books in programming with Mathematica?
> Also I look for online programming tutorials in Mathematica notebook format.
> Finally, how can I "persuade" Google to search only for Mathematica notebooks
> when performing a search regarding Mathematica?
> Thanks in advance.

Curtis Osterhoudt
gardyloo at
PGP Key ID: 0x088E6D7A