Re: programming books / tutorials

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68903] Re: [mg68848] programming books / tutorials
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:20:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, corrallia81,

   The book I usually reach for first is "Mathematica Navigator", by
Heikki Ruskeepää. I have the older (first) edition, which is fabulous,
but there's a (well-reviewed, as far as I know) later edition out in the
last couple of years. Ted Ersek also has some fabulous tips here:
http://www.verbeia.com/mathematica/tips/Tricks.html .

   Hope that helps!
           C.O.

corrallia81 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest me some good books in programming with Mathematica?
>
> Also I look for online programming tutorials in Mathematica notebook format.
>
> Finally, how can I "persuade" Google to search only for Mathematica notebooks
> when performing a search regarding Mathematica?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Curtis Osterhoudt
gardyloo at mail.remove_this.wsu.and_this.edu
PGP Key ID: 0x088E6D7A