RE: "Freezing" evaluation Output?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68901] RE: [mg68858] "Freezing" evaluation Output?
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:20:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Here is an alternative to the answers you have obtained so far: Download my
TaggedCells package from It is
ideal for this purpose. Install the package and enter then

ExpressionToTaggedCell[i*i,"Output","Result "<>ToString[i++]];

Evaluate the last command several times, and the output will appear in
reverse order below. As long as the celltags (the third argument above) are
unique, no cell will be overwrittn. You can enter your expression instead of

If the output is graphics, you might instead use the following example

Again, evaluate the last command several times.

If you want the output in forward order, you might write it to another
notebook. Assume that "Untitled-2" is an open notebook. Use

"<>ToString[i++], TargetNotebook->"Untitled-2"];

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl

To: mathgroup at