CatchMachineUnderflow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69051] CatchMachineUnderflow
  • From: "rych" <rychphd at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:25:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Can't find any documentation on this:

(*avoid use of high - precision arithmetic*)
Developer`SetSystemOptions["CatchMachineUnderflow" -> False]

Spotted while reading Trott's Mathematica guidebook for programming.
Why I think it could be important to me is because my particles as they
come close would cause huge repulsion and that would be due to a
mistake in the program, and I'd prefer an error message just like
runtime for C-program.
Any comment?
Igor