Re: high dpi expressions aren't allowed to be exported correctly - got a workaround?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg69077] Re: high dpi expressions aren't allowed to be exported correctly - got a workaround?
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:47:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
this didn't get through the first time On 8/24/06, Chris Chiasson <chris at chiasson.name> wrote: > Export["blah.png", > HoldForm[(Subscript[X,C]/2)^2+Subscript[Y,C]^2\[Equal]4],"PNG", > ImageResolution\[Rule]1200] > Show@Import["blah.png"] > > Even though this picture is actually less than three inches wide, > Mathematica insists on wrapping it to a new line because, in some way, > it thinks the picture is rendering at 86 dpi (my monitor dpi). On your > computer, it will be slightly different. This is totally unacceptable. > When the picture is shown on a printed page, it will be wrapped > awkwardly. Thank god it doesn't try to wrap Graphics. > > Does anyone have a workaround? > > Please don't suggest EPS unless you know a Formatting Objects > processor that works well with it. > > -- > http://chris.chiasson.name/ > -- http://chris.chiasson.name/