Re: Ask Mathematica to sub for a long expression

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses. It doesn't quite work for me, but maybe
with a little extra expertise it will. The problem is that that pattern
is not always obvious w/o extra algebra. The basic problem is
summarized in the fact that the following doesn't work the way I'd like
it to:

-a-b/.a+b->c

2a+2b/.a+b->c

Many thanks in advance!