Re: Re: Using subscripts in function-parameter names

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg71904] Re: [mg71756] Re: Using subscripts in function-parameter names
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 06:26:19 -0500 (EST)

After Maxim helped me (I was missing the HoldComplete), I came up with
a way to dynamically symbolize subscripted input for selected symbols.
This should do what you want. Here is the code:

Execute the above definition once. Then, on any variable for which you
want to invoke the symbolized subscripting, issue

In your case, this would be subscriptAsSymbol@x

By the way, I would recommend keeping code and typesetting a little
more separated in the future...