Re: Solving the Cubic
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg71920] Re: Solving the Cubic
- From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 06:38:46 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
See also here http://linus.it.uts.edu.au/~don/pubs/solving.html Mark Harder wrote: > Dimitris, > Symbolic solutions can be very error- and precision- sensitive (See > Press, et al, "Numerical Recipes.." for a trick that stabilizes quadratic > solutions.) Do you know if Vieta's method designed to avoid numeric > instabilities? > Mark Harder > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: dimitris [mailto:dimmechan at yahoo.com] > Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 3:22 AM > Subject: Solving the Cubic > > The following cell follows the Vieta's method for solving the cubic > equation complete with all the necessary steps and text explanations. > I really appreciate any kind of comments. > > (code omitted ).