Re: Re: Run option

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg71975] Re: [mg71946] Re: Run option
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 06:04:08 -0500 (EST)

I knew someone was going to mention ReadList. I need the exit status
codes so I can detect failure. I also need to support paths with
spaces in both the command and in the arguments on the Windows
platform. This involves a special trick detailed here:

WRI really should not rely on ReadList - there should simply be an
option to Run.

Thanks for the suggestion. It will probably make me look at bending
ReadList to my will a little harder.