Unexpected operator error in Linux

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg71989] Unexpected operator error in Linux
  • From: t.rosenow at
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:25:42 -0500 (EST)

I posted a few months ago with this (apologies for the long URL)";>This

I have received several solutions to this and since there are others
out there that also have the problem, I'll post the easiest solution
here (the thread I started is too old to reply to).

The easiest method is to edit (as root) the "math" script that (on my
machine) is in /usr/local/bin/ and change the first line from
"#!/bin/sh" to "#!/bin/bash"

Hope this helps somebody, and thanks to everyone who emailed me with
their fixes.