  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71989] Unexpected operator error in Linux
  • From: t.rosenow at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:25:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi

I posted a few months ago with this (apologies for the long URL)
http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/7de59dc8a3c80382/8a65ca895107d8c2?lnk=st&q=rosenow+mathematica&rnum=1&hl=en#8a65ca895107d8c2";>This
problem.

I have received several solutions to this and since there are others
out there that also have the problem, I'll post the easiest solution
here (the thread I started is too old to reply to).

The easiest method is to edit (as root) the "math" script that (on my
machine) is in /usr/local/bin/ and change the first line from
"#!/bin/sh" to "#!/bin/bash"

Hope this helps somebody, and thanks to everyone who emailed me with
their fixes.

Cheers,
Tim