Re: System of Linear Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71982] Re: System of Linear Equations
  • From: "Mark Westwood" <markc.westwood at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:25:25 -0500 (EST)

Pronay

This message is extremely unhelpful, so stop reading it now if you are
feeling despondent or unhappy.  Your request is so strange that I
suspect you are not what you claim to be, but if you are ...

a) If your thesis genuinely requires you to devise a new algorithm for
solving very large systems of linear equations you should choose
another thesis topic.  This is such a well-developed field of endeavour
that you face a very difficult task indeed.

and then

b) If your thesis genuinely requires you to devise a new algorithm for
solving very large systems of linear equations you must do that.

Regards
Mark Westwood