Re: FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72070] Re: FullSimplify and HypergeometricPFQ
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 04:54:39 -0500 (EST)

 also hope someone be more helpful for you!

For your specific needs I can't provide you more help.

Maybe, you can avoid somehow the use of Trace.

Remember however that it has also other settings that can be applied.

For example

Trace[FunctionExpand[HypergeometricPFQ[{a, b, c}, {1 + a - b, 1 + a -
c}, 1]], _Pochhammer, TraceInternal -> True]

Trace[FunctionExpand[HypergeometricPFQ[{a, b, c}, {1 + a - b, 1 + a -
c}, 1]], _Gamma, TraceInternal -> True]

Trace[FunctionExpand[HypergeometricPFQ[{a, b, c}, {1 + a - b, 1 + a -
c}, 1]], Expand, TraceInternal -> True]

You can also implementated your own rules in mathematica and print the
intermidiate involving steps.

Cheers
Dimitris

Paul-Olivier Dehaye <paul-olivier.dehaye at merton.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
The question I was asking is definitely very specific to hypergeometric

sums. Maybe I ll be corrected by someone on the list, but there are
really
only a finite set of super-rules (in addition to a ton of arithmetic,
of ocurse) that can be apllied, and I want to know which are used and
in
what order. Of course in between those big steps there is a ton of
arithmetic that Mathematica is excellent at making look complicated,
but
all I need is to know is the "big" steps.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in CS and in math, so I have
good
hopes :)

Paul