Re: Using Mathematica to explore basic genealogical concepts
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg72144] Re: Using Mathematica to explore basic genealogical concepts
- From: rip pelletier <bitbucket at comcast.net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:40:27 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <elglle$h73$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
"Kelly Jones" <kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use Mathematica to explore basic "generic" genealogical
> concepts, such as "what is a 3rd cousin twice removed?".
> I'm not happy with what I've done so far. I've defined three basic
> functions, where x is a given person:
you might try searching on "kinship systems". it should show you modern
notations and degrees of relationship, which might help you refine your
NB eddress is r i p 1 AT c o m c a s t DOT n e t
Prev by Date:
Re: solve ODE help?
Next by Date:
Re: it seems like InequalityPlot can only handle a color for the PlotStyle... nothing more complicated... (?)
Previous by thread:
Using Mathematica to explore basic genealogical concepts
Next by thread:
SpericalPlot3D in Gray?