Re: Deformed Matrix Product

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72191] Re: Deformed Matrix Product
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 05:49:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi Simone,

let's first define a member function that specifies if a term is to be

included in the sum or not:

With this we do the "inner product" by hand (assuming that the factors

have dimension: n x n):

DeformedProduct[a_,b_]:=(n=Length[a];Table[Sum[a[[i,j]] memQ[i,j,k]

We can test this by defining two 4x4 matrices:

ma = Array[a, {n, n}]; mb = Array[b, {n, n}];

and get the product:

where we added TableForm for more readability.