Re: Noob question about definite integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72220] Re: Noob question about definite integration
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:05:49 -0500 (EST)

Mathematica is right!

f[r_] := (h^2 - r^2)^3

symb = Integrate[(4/3)*Pi*((h^2 - r^2)^3)^3, {r, 0, h}]
(262144*h^19*Pi)/692835

In order to justify Mathematica's analytic result compare the following
tables

TableForm[(N[#1, 20] & )[(symb /. h -> #1 & ) /@ Range[10]]]

TableForm[(NIntegrate[(4/3)*Pi*((#1^2 - r^2)^3)^3, {r, 0, #1},
WorkingPrecision -> 40, PrecisionGoal -> 20] & ) /@ Range[10]]

Regards
Dimitris

Ï/Ç some guy named Dave Ýãñáøå: