a bug in recursive formula in 64 bit machine

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72318] a bug in recursive formula in 64 bit machine
  • From: Arkadiusz.Majka at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 05:30:29 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

I am completely confused. I run my recursive formula in two machines.
One is 64 bit AMD Athlon but with a 32 bit Windows. The formula goes
well. The second machine is strong IBM blade: 64 bit AMD Opteron (dual
core) with 64 bit windows. The formula goes well but only up to given
number of iterations!

I set $RecursiveLimit and $IterationLimit as infinity.

I don't understand it!

Do you have any idea what is going on????

Merry Christmas,

Arek