Re: image border

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72317] Re: image border
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 05:26:28 -0500 (EST)

In article <em5vp2$28t$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Eep²" <eepNOSPAM at tnlc.com>
wrote:

> Show[Graphics[{Circle[{0, 0}, 1];
>
> I want to make the selection line flush with the plotrange extents.

I'm no expert on this subject, but I wonder if you're clear on what you
really want?

Suppose, just for discussion purposes, that the default line thickness
for the above plot is 0.1 unit (in same units as radius).

Do you want this graphic in a 2 x 2 unit box?  (flat spot shaved off the
the circular line on sides and top)

Or in a 2.1 x 2.1 unit box?  (box just touches the outer edge of the
line; box size has to change depending on line thickness as well as
PlotRange)

For more complicated plots, with text or points or lines of varying
sizes at various locations, calculating the box size in the latter type
of situation gets a lot harder.  My impression is Mathematica copes with
this by leaving a small default "safety region" around plots (?).