My previous question: solving system of linear equations takes long

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72342] My previous question: solving system of linear equations takes long
  • From: Gopinath Venkatesan <gopinathv at ou.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 07:06:56 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for supporting my previous questions in this forum. For some reasons, I could not see my last question gets posted in this forum. The question was about solving set of linear equations (large system of simultaneous equations) and the problem faced was long solution time.

Fortunately I was able to figure out the problem, and by solving my problem, I understood the difference between the solvers NSolve and Solve.

Using Solve, I was able to solve the problem in less time. NSolve took about an hour and sometime more than an hour to solve the large system of equations I was using. Solve took a minute to solve the same.

Gopinath