Re: REPOSTING: PowerTower extended to real exponents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72367] Re: REPOSTING: PowerTower extended to real exponents
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:43:22 -0500 (EST)

I have uploaded a new version of my notebook PowerTower.nb, download
from http://web.telia.com/~u31815170/Mathematica/

Since the last version, I have changed "horse function" to (Exp[x] -
1), to avoid oscillating functions when x->+Infinity This means
slightly changed values of the constants I have calculated. I have also
included some theory and some graphs in this file, and have structured
it better.

Thus the new value of Pi to the hyper power e (or "Pi tetrated to e")
is
1921616.48318907465

There is an ongoing discussion at sci.math.research ("Tetration
extended to real exponents") about this.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl