Re: 2D FT of f(r): Fast Hankel Transforms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64169] Re: 2D FT of f(r): Fast Hankel Transforms
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 01:03:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <dru7ek$a4c$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Hypermars" <hypermars at despammed.com> wrote:

> Are Fast (or the so-called quasi-Fast) Hankel Transforms implemented or
> implementable in Mathematica?

Have a look at <http://www.stanford.edu/~siegman/software.html>.

[Note:  I don't claim to be a numerical analysis or computational
analysis guru; but I do believe the "Quasi Fast Hankel Transform" that's
linked to on that page (and which I invented more or less accidentally
too many years ago) may possibly still be (with proper "low end
corrections" included) the fastest and most accurate way to do numerical
evaluations of Hankel transforms of any order.  Comments from those with
deeper knowledge of the subject welcome.]