MathGroup Archive 2006

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Goedel Numbers

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64175] Goedel Numbers
  • From: "Brambilla Roberto Luigi (CESIRICERCA)" <RLBRAMBILLA at cesi.it>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 04:13:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
  • Thread-index: AcYoqTkT9Zn4P9JDRmyQtg7rLQyILw==

Hi,
I'm trying to build Goedel numbers by means of Mathematica using the following idea:
any string can use only the following 16 characters 
alphabet="()x'0S+*=**¬**$""
If you can't read it, it is the 
i.e. :   open bracket, close bracket, X, ', 0 ,S ,+ ,* ,= ,And, Or, Not ,RightArrow, LeftRightArrow, Exists, ForAll

and the corrisponding coding number are given by an arbitrary number list, es.

code={1,2,3...,16}

I need a quick way to get the list of code numbers of a given formula

(*example*) 

p="SS0*X=(X*X)+S0"

gg=GoedelNumber[p]

{6,6,5,8,3,9,1,3,8,3,2,7,6,0}

Given this, then 

ee=Table[Prime[j],{j,1Length[gg]];

and the Goedel number is simply given by 

G=ee^gg

Thank you all ! 
Roberto

PS.:  I can use 
aa=To characterCode[alphabet]
{40,41,88,39,48,83,43,42,61,8743,8744,172,8594,8596,8707,8704}
pp=ToCharacterCode[p]
{83,83,48,42,88,61,40,88,42,88,41,43,83,48}
but these are too unuseful large numbers for exponentiaion.
How can I substiture in pp list : 40 with1, 41 with2, 88 with3  ...8704 with16 ?

CESI SpA ha adottato il Modello Organizzativo ai sensi del D.Lgs.231/2001, in forza del quale l'assunzione di obbligazioni da parte della Società avviene con firma di un procuratore, munito di idonei poteri.
CESI adopts a Compliance Programme under the Italian Law (D.Lgs.231/2001). According to this CESI Compliance Programme, any commitment of CESI is taken by the signature of one Representative granted by a proper Power of Attorney.

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne e' vietata la diffusione in qualsiasi modo o forma. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona destinataria del presente messaggio,   La invitiamo a non diffonderlo e ad eliminarlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.
The information included in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the correct recipient, you are kindly requested to notify the sender immediately, to cancel it and not to disclose the contents to any other person.

• Prev by Date: Re: Problem to evaluate a function inside a function
  • Next by Date: Re: Re: Trying to animate the rotation of a plane about an axis using dynamic visualizer - MoviePlot3D.nb (0/1)
  • Previous by thread: Re: Notebooks, packages, cells, and literate programming
  • Next by thread: Re: Goedel Numbers