- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64266] Poisson equation
- From: Uli Wuerfel <uli.wuerfel at fmf.uni-freiburg.de>
- Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:29:50 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: InterNetNews at News.BelWue.DE (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am tying to solve the Poisson equation in cylindrical coordinates:
I tried to do this with the boundary conditions being that the potential
phi euqals 1 on the bottom and the walls of the cylinder.
Unfortunately, Mathematica does not accept it.
I also tried to make it time-dependent and taking then the steady-state
value of the solution but this either does not work.
Must be something wrong in general.
Could you please help?
Prev by Date:
Re: Using Map with a function of more than 1 argument
Next by Date:
Re: Overriding Mathematica function Print
Previous by thread:
Re: Number-Theory :: All-Digit Perfect Squares
Next by thread:
Re: Poisson equation