Poisson equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64266] Poisson equation
  • From: Uli Wuerfel <uli.wuerfel at fmf.uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:29:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Experts,

I am tying to solve the Poisson equation in cylindrical coordinates:
Laplace Operator[phi]==0
I tried to do this with the boundary conditions being that the potential
phi euqals 1 on the bottom and the walls of the cylinder.
Unfortunately, Mathematica does not accept it.
I also tried to make it time-dependent and taking then the steady-state
value of the solution but this either does not work.
Must be something wrong in general.

Could you please help?

Regards,
Uli