Plot question

I have a question related to Mathematica. So I would like to plot a vector field
not in rectangular coordinates but as a circular plot. I know for example
this:
<<Graphics`PlotField`
PlotVectorField[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, Pi}, {y, 0, Pi}]
this commands make a plot, where on the x-axis one can find x from 0 to Pi and
on y axis the same. But I would like to have the y-coordinate as a circle and
inside this circle the arrows that describe my vector field. I hope you
understand me. I think that this question could be general, so if I wanted to
plot a normal function as a circular plot I could ask the same. Maybe you can
help me.