Re: Exporting Density Plots -- one pixel per point?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64375] Re: [mg64344] Exporting Density Plots -- one pixel per point?
  • From: "Yasvir A. Tesiram" <tesiramy at>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:32:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

As a first suggestion I would say, work with off-screen graphics (i.e. set
option DisplayFunction -> Identity).

Here is one  example, on a Centrino 2.0GHz laptop, 1GB RAM, Mathematica
5.2, Linux kernel 2.6.

d = Partition[Table[i, {i, 3000*3000}], 3000];

fig=ListDensityPlot[d,Mesh -> False, DisplayFunction -> Identity,
PlotRange -> All];//Timing

{0.000999 Second,Null}

(* I imagine that using custom colour functions for so many pixels will up
the time a great deal *)

{12.6071 Second,Null}

The output looked OK to me on GIMP.

Good luck. Sounds like some pretty smick imaging to me.