How to do a family of plots?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64476] How to do a family of plots?
  • From: "1.156" <rob at piovere.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:50:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Experts, I have used the scheme below with ParametricPlot and it worked.
But with a simple plot it doesn't. It seems clear the plot function is
not seeing the f variable.  Plot is not getting machine sized numbers,
etc. Nothing I've tried seems to help.

I'm trying to get plots of p vs L with f as a parameter. Thanks for any
help, Rob

p[f_,L_]:=(1-f) ArcCos[Exp[-2/L]]

{q,r,y,z}=Plot[p[f,L],{L,0.1,10}]
/.  f->{0.2,0.4,0.6,0.8}