Re: Using a text editor like interface for Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64502] Re: Using a text editor like interface for Mathematica?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:36:15 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 2/18/06 at 2:50 AM, grub_snuffler at yahoo.com wrote: >Try this: Start a new notebook. Type a single letter. Then try >to tab. >Result: Nothing happens. >It's hard to align code easily under these circumstances. Tell me >a way to fix this and I will send you a dollar. I am using version 5.2 on Mac OS 10.4.5. My default setup is to use StandardForm for input cells. In this mode, if I type a single letter than a tab the cursor doesn't move, i.e., it matches your "nothing happens". But if I change the default input format type to InputForm, then typing a single letter followed by a tab causes the cursor to move as you would expect in a text editor. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four