ListSphericalDensityPlot[] ??

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64537] ListSphericalDensityPlot[] ??
  • From: Bob Buchanan <Bob.Buchanan at>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:31:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have numerically approximated the omega-limit set of a model of a spherical, magnetic pendulum. For a grid of theta and phi coordinates on the unit sphere I have numerically solved the Hamiltonian system of ODEs governing the pendulum until it comes to rest (or pretty close to rest). The data is in the form of a rectangular array which I can easily display as a rectangular list density plot.

Is there a way to wrap this density plot back around the surface of the unit sphere --- something like a ListSphericalDensityPlot[] function?

I don't think there is an already defined function to perform this type of operation. Is there an easy way to do it myself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob Buchanan
Bob.Buchanan at