Left Justification in a button

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64642] Left Justification in a button
  • From: "David Reiss" <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:19:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, I have tried and tried and I suspect that I am missing something
simple even though I've built lots and lots of front end stuff.  What I
want to do simply is to have the text of a button be left justified.

Here is an example:

CellPrint[Cell[BoxData[
    GridBox[{{ButtonBox["this is text"]}},
      ColumnWidths -> 20]
    ], "Text", FontWeight -> "Bold",
   FontFamily -> "Helvetica"]]

where the result is centered button text.

I haven't been able to find a way to use TextAlignment and its ilk to
make this happen (even in the case where the argument of the ButtonBox
is itself a Cell expression and other gyrations and mystical tricks).

Anyone want to show me that I have missed something simple?  I'd
appreciate that  :-)

Thanks,

David