Re: Re: Multivariable Limits

Alicia wrote:
> Yes but the only example that I saw takes two limits of a function, frist the limit to x then to y but thats not the same thing as taking the limit of both x and y at the same time.

Umm... what result do you expect when you take "the limit of both x and
y at the same time."? How does one define this process?

The result will depend on the details. Which is to say, it (the limit)
is only defined in a path dependent manner. Some further detail may be
found at the URL below.

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1997/Sep/msg00234.html

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research