Re: Re: How if I want to assume that -------

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64695] Re: [mg64682] Re: How if I want to assume that -------
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 01:49:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yes, $Assumptions is available.  I guess the issue is having explicitly
to set a global variable vs. having available a function whose effect is
to set that variable.  A function Assume is of course superfluous, but
still it would be useful to newcomers who expect to find it but do not
see it when they search the Help Browser.  In fact, I believe it takes a
couple of link jumps before one finds $Assumptions.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305