pictures of mathematics on a non-white background

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64713] pictures of mathematics on a non-white background
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:02:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,

If one with exports something like: StyleForm[TraditionalForm[1+E],
FontColor->White,Background->Black]
as a raster format, there is a white border around the math.

I thought it might be the output cell background color, so I changed
the stylesheet to Natural Color. Exporting the expression still yields
white text on a black background with a white border. How to I change
it so that the white text appears on a black background with no border?

BTW, the output expression looks fine inside the notebook.

One way to eliminate the border is to change the global option:
formatting options -> font options -> background to black, but this
makes (AFAIK) all backgrounds in Mathematica black. Even if I set the
global option for text to white, this makes it very hard to use, say
the notation package and help browser, among other things...

Thank you for your expertise,