Re: Performance improvement needed - Help.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63711] Re: Performance improvement needed - Help.
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:50:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <dptdpr$l1$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Antonio Neves <aneves at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes I am computing some numerical integral, on a dicrete cartesian
> grid. Actualy I am calculating an electric field describe in terms of
> vectorial spherical harmonics, and for each multipole (n,m) I need to
> do a numeric Integral.

Why do you need to do a _numeric_ integral? It may be possible to
compute the multipole integrals in closed form.

> I do not know with stomic or molecular integral
> you are refering top since this is not my field, but I am interested in
> how to spped up the computation of integrals over hydrogenic orbitals.
> They might be similar. Could you please foward me some reference on
> this matter?

Actually, it might be better if you write down the integrals that you
are trying to compute.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
AUSTRALIA                               http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul