Re: Plot works fine, but LogPlot only gives equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63953] Re: Plot works fine, but LogPlot only gives equation
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 04:11:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 1/24/06 at 1:30 AM, gerard at epfl.ch (Gerard) wrote:

>Well, I was just Ploting some Fabry-Perot interference fringes with

>Plot[],

>which worked really fine, now I wanted to have the y Axis in
>logarithmical scale to see the features of my curves better, but when
>I use

>LogPlot[],

>with exactely the same formula in between the brackets, I only get
>the equation as a result.

>Am I doing something wrong or what?

LogPlot is not a built-in function. It is implemented by one of the packages in the AddOns/StandardPackages directory. To access this function you need to first load the required package. That can be done with one of the following

<<Graphics`
<<Graphics`Graphics`
Get["Graphics`Graphics`"]
Needs["Graphics`Graphics`"]

I find that I use the various functions in the Graphics` packages so regularly, that I have added the line

<<Graphics`

to my init.m file. This way when I start a Mathematica session, the functions in these packages are available to me as if they were built-in without my having to think about it.