Re: deleting cells in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64022] Re: deleting cells in mathematica
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 05:13:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 1/26/06 at 3:42 AM, pieter.eendebak at gmail.com wrote:

>I have a Mathematica notebook containing both exercices and answers
>and want to produce a notebook with only the exercises. Is there a
>function to delete all Cell's with a certain style (or some other
>property)? Are there other methods to achieve the same result?

Take a look at the AuthorTools palette accessible via File->Palettes->OpenAuthorTools. Once the palette is displayed, click on ExportCells to get another palette with a variety of options. Most likely one of these will do what you need.

Another approach would be to select all of the appropriate cells and do this from the keyboard. Note, this isn't as tedious as it sounds. On MacOS X, using option-click to select a cell selects all cells in the notebook of the same type. I am sure there is a similar key stroke to do the same thing on other operating systems.