Re: SetOptions for Notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67579] Re: [mg67530] SetOptions for Notebooks
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 05:12:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks Andrzej,

for the suggestion. My notebooks are embedded in the
HelpBrowser. Here it is not possible and not wanted to "re-save"
documentation notebooks. Further, once a user installs an update
of the packages the changes are void and the "re-saving" would have to be
done for more than 200 notebooks.

Sorry for writing such an unclear post; I need an automatic manner to deal
with this. Probably a shell script is the way to go. I was wondering how
other developers of add ons deal with this.

Oliver

> The user only needs to open the notebook with his own copy of Mathematica just
> once, make any change (he can just replace something by the same thing) and
> then save the notebook. Next time he opens the notebook he will not get the
> message.
>

> Andrzej Kozlowski
> Tokyo, Japan

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at imtek.de>