Re: Plotting Partial Differential Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67643] Re: Plotting Partial Differential Equations
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 06:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi David,

I understand that you have a function f1: t=f1[x,y] and you want to plot

a related function f2: x= f2[t,y], that is the inverse of f1 relative to

x and t.

That can e.g. by done numerically by calculating {t,x,y} tripplets  and

numerically interpolating {x,t,y} tripplets using Interpolation. Finally

you would use ListContourPlot.

As an alternative, if the range of your variables is small enough you

could series expansion of f1 and then use InverseSeries to get f2.

Daniel