Re: how to convert old files ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67765] Re: [mg67678] how to convert old files ??
  • From: Bruce Miller <brucem at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 06:54:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Jul 4, 2006, at 12:58 AM, mintoo wrote:

> I have some mathematica files written in version 3.0 by someone.
> I need to use them in version 5.0.
> they are giving errors.
>
> the work was published so there can be no errors.
>
> please tell me how to convert ??

Some suggestions are in the Tech Support FAQs.  Here are a few popular
ones.

kernel issues:
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/mathematics/numerics/
nsumerror.html
    (Not just for NSum)

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/mathematics/equations/
dsolveproblem.html
    (Version 5.0.1 only)

front end/notebook issues:
http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/interface/notebooks/
deslasher.html

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/interface/notebooks/
savediffersopen.html

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/interface/notebooks/
fixingcorrupted.html

It would help a lot if you include the error messages and type of
computer
(Linux, Mac, Windows) you are using.

Bruce Miller
Technical Support