Re: 3D graphics headache

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67801] Re: 3D graphics headache
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 04:56:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

1) and what does

plt=CylindricalPlot3D[{1/(1 + r^2)*Sin[phi]^2, {EdgeForm[], SurfaceColor[
           Hue[1/(1 + r^2)*Sin[phi]^2]]}}, {r, 0, 1}, {phi, 0, 2Pi}]

the same as Mesh->False and ColorFunction->Hue ??

2) take the previous plot and
Show[plt,
   plt /. Polygon[pnts_] :> Polygon[Append[Take[#, 2], -0.5] & /@ pnts]
   ]

you have your shadow plot.

3) no and I have no idea why not to make the shadow in polar coordinates
and finaly tranform the polygons into cartesian coodrinates.

Regards
   Jens