Re: frontend crashing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67941] Re: frontend crashing
  • From: "emyl" <kwcpsn at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:52:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The problem is now solved.  I give the solution below in case it may
be useful to someone else.

I'd like to thank Bruce Miller from Wolfram  Technical Support for
giving me the clue I was badly needing: a stack trace.

The trace showed the following call,

open("/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/locale.dir", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT
 (No such file or directory)

As it turns out, now Xorg places its "locale" directory in
/usr/share/X11/
instead of
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/.
I had previously had exactly the same problem with the file rgb.txt.
A symlink worked the miracle.  I hope Debian developers (any of you
reading this?) will include the needed symlinks in the distribution.

Thanks,
Emyl