RE: LogLogErrorListPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67969] RE: [mg67960] LogLogErrorListPlot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:21:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Antonio,

Yes, I'm certain that you can. But I wouldn't use any of the various
Mathematica List type plots. Instead put your data and error bar limits in
log form. Then use a Show[Graphics[{Point/@data, Line[data],errorbar
primitives}]] plot statement. Make a routine to draw the kind of error bar
that you want for each point. It would, say, draw a vertical Line between
the two error limits and then draw two short cross lines at the top and
bottom. Map this routine onto your errorbar data.

Then use LogScale from Graphics`Graphics to produce and label the ticks.

It is a certain amount of custom work but in the end it will be faster,
easier and more controlled than trying to force the various List plots into
what you want. In fact, I think all the List plot routines should be thrown
into the trash can.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Antonio Cardoso [mailto:acardoso at scientist.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to make a logarithmic listplot with
error bars. Something like LogLogErrorListPlot or LogLogMultipleListPlot?

Thanks,

Antonio Cardoso