Programming with options.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68037] Programming with options.
  • From: "MaxArt" <maxart.yZEROSPAM at tiscali.it>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:37:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I want to create some new functions in Mathematica (4.0), and I want it to
work with options like Plot and other graphic functions. The idea behind
this is to modify the result and the behaviour of my functions when extra
arguments are given, and I thought that the use of options would be perfect.
For example, if I want to create a function Pow that gives the square of a
number, except when an option Exponent is given, so that Pow[a, Exponent ->
3] yields a^3.

How can I do that?

MaxArt