Mathlink: Passing functions to C++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68108] Mathlink: Passing functions to C++
  • From: Dmitry Garanin <dgaranin at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:55:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am trying to use external ODE solvers, written in C++, in Mathematica.  After long efforts I can now, with the help of my friend who is familiar with C++, transfer arrays between Mathematica and C++ via Mathlink. However, we also need to pass the right-hand-sides of ODEs, generated in Mathematica, to C++ for solving. This turns out to be a problem. We assume that one should use the function MLGetFunction but, unfortunately, it is not well documented and there are no examples, both in Mathematica's help and in Todd Gayley's "A Mathlink Tutorial". Although it is claimed that any types of data can be easily transferred via Mathlink, we don't see how it can be done practically for such data as functions and equations. Suggestions are welcome.

Dmitry