Table to find lower and upper estimate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68153] Table to find lower and upper estimate
  • From: "T Harris" <tdh1967 at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:26:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I hope someone could tell me where to look to or if easy enough, to advise
me on how to use Mathemetica for the type of problem I have below.  I
already have worked it and have the lower estimate to be -475 and the upper
estimate to be -85.  I was hoping to put Mathematica to a practical use here
and I really don't know how to do this.   I have typed the problem in
exactly as shown in James Stewart's, Calculus 5th Edition.

Here it is:

A table of values of an increasing function f is shown.  Use the table to
find lower and upper estimates for  f(x) dx.

     0
     5
     10
     15