Re: Deleting charachter from a text file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68186] Re: Deleting charachter from a text file
  • From: "Giacomo Ciani" <giacomo.ciani at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 05:30:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks, but this solution is not feasable for me. I'm running a
simulation and one of the reason of writing directly on the file "step
by step" the results is not to fill the memory, because I'm genearting
a lot of data.
Just for curiosity, I'm going to explain the problem in details...
actually, what i'm doing is something like:

OpenWrite[file]
WriteString["{{zeroArray}"]
Do[
...calculations...
WriteString[file,","]
Write[file, stepResultArray]
]
WriteString["}"]

taht is, I'm writing a list of "resultArrays". But as you can see, my
list is not coled by the "}" character till the simulation has ended.
What I would like to do is to close the list with the "}" at every
step, and the on the next step (after "...calculations...") reopen it,
add the new element, and close it again. This way I should be able to
import the file in another Mathematica program at any time, even if the
simulation is not ended...

Bye, and thanks again

Giacomo