Solving linear systems in matrix notation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg68198] Solving linear systems in matrix notation?
  • From: Ben <ben.carbery at spam.me>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 01:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have been following a tutorial that says to solve systems of linear equations like so:

     Solve[{2x + 4y == -4, 5x + 7y == 11}, {x, y}]

I am wondering if there is a shorthand way to do it by just entering the co-efficients of each equation, i.e. matrix style:

     Solve??[{2,4,-4},{5,7,11}]

cheers,

Ben C.